Chapter Leader Application
Thank you for your interest in chapter leadership. Please fill out the form below so we can get to know more about you.
To recap, here are the general commitments of leadership:
Our preference for a chapter is for there to be two designated leaders. There can be other volunteers helping out in designated categories, but we would like two who are designated point people and decision makers. Because this is largely a volunteer gig, we don't want burn out. What makes a great leader? Well, there aren't requirements or a "type" we are looking for, but between the two of you there should be:
- A great desire to build up the local maker community
- Time available for planning and attending activities
- Organization and follow through
- Connections with makers, people who work with makers and/or people who can help makers locally
- Experience with and knowledge of your local maker "scene"
- A 12-month commitment
- Able to give about 10 hours month