Unurth would like to thank:
- Family and my Grandparents for always believing in me.
- Friends for critiquing, cheering, and joining me on this journey.
- The Academy for creating this lovely community.
- he earth for beinga source of everlasting inspiratio
FINALISTS: CLARKE COLLECTIVE, DIANA FAYT Ceramics, AND UNURTH
Clarke Collective would like to thank:
- Bucky Clarke
- Our Families
- Our Pets (Widget, MacBook & Alpine)
- Our Maker Friends
- The person who nominated us!
Diana Fayt Ceramics would like to thank:
- The lovely anonymous person who so generously nominated me for this award.
- he AHAS community for their recognition of my work and your votes. Thank you!
WINNER: SUCRE AU LAIT
Sucre Au Lait would like to thank:
- All who voted for me
- Academy of Handmade
- Sharon Fain
- My Co AHAS Leaders
- My Husband & Kid
Finalists: matchbox kitchen, soft peaks confections, and sucre au lait
WINNER: MV FLORALS
Finalists: eden condensed, kelso doesn't dance, mv florals
Eden Condensed would like to thank:
- AHAS (The Academy, of course!)
- my husband Larry
- my boys Morgan & Jackson
- my wonderful supportive customers
WINNER: HOLLY BOBISUTHI
Holly Bobisuthi would like to thank:
- Jim & Melody Bobisuthi
- Darin Rookhuizen
- Miriam Dema
- Kali Lambson-Bloom
- Maria Kanevskaya
Finalists: ag ambroult, beadsoul, holly bobisuthi
AG Ambroult would like to thank:
- My husband Alex, who is my biggest cheerleader, enabler, and motivator
- My muses--Lucy and Ruby
- The makers and artists who have kindly shared their knowledge and know-how
Beadsoul would like to thank:
- My husband for his encouragement
- The terrific AHAS
- My sweet customers
- My handmade bffs
- ost of all, God
WINNER: REMY & ROSE
remy & rose handcrafted soap would like to thank:
- my husband for pushing me to dream loud and big
- my sister for her continuing love and support
- the AHAS community
- my friends in the makers community
- my dad for telling me that everything is possible
Finalists: miriam dema, people's soap, remy & rose
People's Soap would like to thank:
- AHAS Members for inspiring me and sharing your world
- AHAS OC Chapter for your support
- Ryan, my family and friends
- The People's Soap team
WINNER: Sarah K. Benning Contemporary Embroidery
Sarah K. Benning would like to thank:
- Davey Mandesea
- Lorie Benning
- Vaughan Carroll
- Lori Rollason-Cass
- Mary Benning
Finalists: debrosse nyc, Sarah K. Benning Contemporary Embroidery, tickle and smash
Tickle and Smash would like to thank:
- My Husband, James Tom, who took on this endeavor with me and always makes it fun.
- My friend and SF Etsy team captain, Rebecca Saylor for all her encouragement and enthusiasm.
- To my fellow makers, mentors and heroes on the SF Etsy Team! All 1800 of you!
WINNER: INK + SMOG Editions
Ink + Smog would like to thank:
- The Academy of Handmade for being an amazing community and resource.
- Everyone who has supported us over the last three years!
Finalists: everyday love art, ink + smog, lacelit
Lacelit would like to thank:
- My husband Jason, whose constant support, thoughtfulness and silliness make life meaningful in the truest ways
- My sisters, Brittany and Stephanie, who have always been a steady source of light, compassion and life
- My friends, Bryan Schnebelt and Jess Engel, who inspire me with their artistry and strength every day
- My paper wonders Francesca Fuges, Kristin deNeeve and Melissa Copeland for their invaluable input and inspiration
- The Academy of Handmade, where I've found the most meaningful community among such talented and generous artists.
WINNER: THE MERRIWEATHER COUNCIL
- The Academy
- Mom + Dad
- Kim + Jen
- The handmade community
Finalists: Creative hive co, lula mae, the merriweather council
Creative Hive Co. would like to thank:
- Kimberly Taylor
- Robin Soltis
- Jennifer Tobicoe
- Andrea Millard
- Nancy Gaines
WINNER: MARRIED + BRIGHT
- my husband Alex
- my family
- Caitlin, Danielle
- LJT, KC, KK, KCC
- my customers!
Finalists: beatrice valenzuela, forgotten cotton, married + bright, mon petit shoes
- Our Friends & Family
- Our customers
- Business Friends
- Academy of Handmade
WINNER: MIMI KIRCHNER
Mimi Kirchner would like to thank:
- all of you!
- my husband
- my Bernina
Finalists: daisy faye designs, mimi kirchner, wrap & scraps
Wraps & Scraps would like to thank:
- Academy of Handmade & all members.
- My loves Riley & Skout
- My Parents & Brothers
- April & Kelly for sanity
- My Grandmother
Rewilder would like to thank:
- The Academy of Handmade: Supporting quality craft and local makers is crucial, THANK YOU.
- All the makers and innovators: We are constantly inspired by you.
- Annie Leonard, William McDonough, Yvon Chouinard: Pioneers in responsible material use
- Our partners, Aengus and Matt: Allowing us the freedom to follow this dream.
- Our grandparents: Instilling a love for creative reuse and problem solving
Finalists: halominer, rewilder, wear love now
Wear Love Now would like to thank:
- The One Who has redeemed my heart and made it possible for me to wear Love and share Love!
- My mom & dad for my first sewing machine and my husband & kiddos for being my biggest cheerleaders!
- My brother & sister-in-law for my computer and business support!
- My friends--fellow makers, customers and those supporting handmade!
- AHAS and those cheering on makers like me!
Finalist: b mayorca, art & design studio
Winner: B MAYORCA, ART & DESIGN
B Mayorca would like to thank:
- Supportive Family
- Positive Friends
- Fantastic AHAS
All category winners will receive:
- Map Making Guide from Tara Swiger
- A suite of maker business video courses from CreativeLive
- The Gold Is In the List by Dave Conrey
- A year's membership to Maker's Nation
- Raising Prices Without Tears or Tequila workshop from Lucky Break Consulting
- $25 Visa Gift Card and a feature on the Instagram of The UPS Store courtesy of The UPS Store
- Plus all finalists will receive a discount on their awards show ticket pricing thanks to Aftcra and SF Etsy
Thanks to our sponsors!